Sunday, May 24, 2009

May Dance

Hannah came home from school one day in April, distraught over the plans for their "May Dance". She is on student council and was concerned about the lack of planning that was happening. She asked if I would join with some of the other Moms and help plan it and make it happen. The girls drew a picture of what they wanted the gym to look like and I am happy to report that we made it happen. I love the other moms that we worked with and the girls had a good time. Eliza didn't appreciate the 3 hours of decorating - but Tanner thought it was a party!

We made 6 of these lanterns. The girls mixed the cement with their hands. The paper lanterns were lit up with battery lights. The post is pvc pipe. 
Hannah and her friends
Eliza and her friends
My girls. 
I went over during the dance to help with concessions. Wow! There was a wide range of clothing there. It looked like the red carpet at a Hollywood awards show. There were dresses of all shapes and sizes. My girls looked gorgeous and I was thankful we were able to find cute modest dresses.  

2 comments:

Elyse said...

awh...your girls look goregous! beautiful in their modest dresses! :)

Holly Wilcox said...

I love their dresses too.