Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why Tanner is My Favorite Son

This morning Tanner said, "Mom you look like a teenager." I know - this is the boy who thinks "forever" is the length of time it takes us to walk through the grocery store and he is the same boy who more than once questioned if there was a baby in my tummy. 

But for five minutes I imagined that his perceptions are true and that I have the youthful appearance of the 18 year old that I sometimes feel like. And then I remembered that I am grateful that I am not a teenager. Between my own teenagers and my seminary kids, I am often reminded that I would never go back. Even if it meant I could have my 18 year old body back.

2 comments:

The Gilbert Family said...

"kids say the darndest things!"

Bondfam said...

Too cute! I have to agree. You do look like a teenager. I guess we are just blessed that way!