Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday

We had a wonderful Easter Day. After a dinner of "Easter Enchiladas" we got in the car and drove to the temple. A while ago, in a conversation with Tanner, we realized that he had never seen our temple. It is on the other side of town - and the only time we see it - is when we are going there. So Grace and Tanner do not ever see it. Our Stake President has challenged us all to have a temple experience with our families this month because the 10th anniversary of the Columbus temple is coming up. It was great to just walk around the grounds with them and talk a little bit about the temple and why it is so important to us. 

I am so thankful for the atonement and that our Father in Heaven is so loving that he has provided a way for everyone to have the blessings of the temple (joy, happiness and eternal families). I am often baffled by Christians who believe that if a person misses out on the gospel here in this life - there is no other chance for that person to attain eternal life. God is so incredibly merciful - his plan provides every possible opportunity to turn our hearts to Him. He want us to return to Him. I was reminded in Relief Society that He is not just sitting by the door waiting for us to open it. He is constantly knocking. Constantly beckoning. Ever searching. Wanting us home. Gathering us into His fold. But we must choose. He loves us enough to allow us to choose. 

I have a hard time allowing my children to choose. I am thankful my Father in Heaven has infinite wisdom and love for me and my family. I hope my children will all choose to be worthy to go inside the temple and enjoy all the blessing promised there. I hope that they will follow the Shepherd. 

No comments: