Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way Home

This morning, Steve and I went to Perry OH. One of the girls that I love and adore, that I once worked with in Young Women, got married and had an open house there. It is 3 hours away. We decided to take Tanner with us. About half way up there - Tanner yelled, "Are we going to Grandma and Grandpa's?" (Last week we drove to Alabama.) He did well the rest of the way and had a great time with all the kids who were there. 

On the way home, Tanner informed us - that he needed a bathroom break. Steve stopped, filled the car with gas and then took Tanner into the bathroom. We got back on the road and drove for about 10 minutes. Tanner then, piped up in a panic and said,"I have to go to the bathroom again!" 

We were not close to a convenient exit - so Tanner waited and we found one. As we drove off the exit - Steve turned to me and asked, "So do you want to take him this time?" I burst into laughter. Let's see. 3 girls =10 years of me taking the children to the public restrooms EVERY TIME.

 I was still laughing when they got out of the car. I had to call my friend Jenny to share my funny story. I am still laughing. 

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm laughing with you, Anne -- that's funny.

The Gilbert Family said...

Hilarious. I have to take both. I hate how it is ok for us to take boys into the girls bathroom but vice versa. Oh, well I guess that is the life of a mom

ohiolanges said...

For the record I've done a few of the "don't touch that. That's a toilet. don't touch that. Yes, there's a lot of people in here. don't touch that. You can't lock the door because I can't help you. don't touch that. You have to cover the seat because it isn't our bathroom. don't touch that. Just hold your dress up under your armpits. don't touch that. I don't care if you don't want to sit on the seat with toilet paper on it! sit down and stop touching things." trips with our darling daughters.

Steve.

Jenny said...

okay, we all know why steve wanted out of the "second" trip...right? Gotta love the try though. And I did have to laugh at Steve's comment because it basically describes every trip to the bathroom with girls (except my "don't touch that" is probably two-fold in comparison because I'm such a germ-o-phob!)