Monday, February 16, 2009

Lies, Lies, Lies, Yeah!

There were lies told yesterday in Primary. And my children are responsible for them. 

Our primary presidency gave each family a spotlight sheet to fill out at the beginning of the year. One Sunday afternoon while Steve and I were napping ( I love our new early schedule!) my sweet children sat around the kitchen table and filled out the "Lange Family" spotlight. Here are some highlights:

Who are the people in your family?
Mom, Dad, H, E, G, T and a dead pet fish

Where are your favorite places to visit?
Alabama, Utah and Canada  (We have never been to Canada.)

What is a favorite family Christmas tradition?
Lighting the menorah (Do I need to explain? While we do believe in the miracle that the menorah represents, we don't have one in our home. . . )

What are your favorite things to do together as a family?
Go to separate rooms and watch TV. (To be honest - this is not a lie - we do enjoy TV and we don't usually all sit in the same room while watching it -- but do you think I would have put this down if I had been the one to fill this paper out??????  NO WAY!)

So when we read this together as a family we all laughed a lot and I tucked the paper away thinking I need to ask for a new one. So you can imagine my surprise when Grace told me we were the spotlight family. HMMM.  .  . I think Steve got a big chuckle out of this one. 

12 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

That is awesome! It is a tie between Canada and the Menorah which one wins the prize!

Sarah said...

That's hilarious! Sometimes I can't wait for teenagers (but then I come to my senses.)

Porters said...

Don't you just love kids! When we filled out ours I think my girls said that we watch tv as a family too and what do you think I said, No Way are we putting that. That is really classic! Did you tell Diane about the Menorah?

Amy said...

HAA HAA!! Thanks for the laugh. That is great!

The Gilbert Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gilbert Family said...

HILARIOUS! Ahh, the trouble our kids get into when we are napping, or on the computer, or making dinner, or distracted by everything else in our lives. :)

Hillay Lange said...

Tell Steve, "canada, it fits your budget!" I love those kids.

Neelans Family said...

awesome... hehehehe -- the Menorah... classic!

Todd and Mallory said...

I know I can always come to the Langes for a good laugh. Hope everything is going well with you guys!

Bondfam said...

I go to witness it first hand when they read it aloud in Primary. I never would've guessed it wasn't all true! At least your kids did something productive rather than dumping out all the legos & leaving my poor innocent feet to discover them on the floor.

Doug, Kalee, Jonah, Nora, and Gavin said...

I can't stop laughing. That is hilarious!

Michelle said...

I think I'll send your kids a book about Kwanzaa - that can include that in next year's profile!