Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy 49th Mom and Dad!





This month marks my parents 49th wedding anniversary. We celebrated in a big way - because next year my nephew will be serving a mission. My parents wanted us all to be together in Holland. My father's grandfather was born in Holland. He (my Dad) and my brother both served missions for our church there and speak Dutch.

So for my Dad and Mom who have traveled there many times - it is a special place that they wanted to share with the grandchildren. We had 4 wonderful days together - 13 of us - seeing the beautiful Netherlands. 

A highlight for my parents was going to the Temple there with all their grandchildren who were old enough. (Grace and Tanner stayed home with our dear friends and had as much fun as we did.) We were able to join a group of youth from the international branch in the Amsterdam Stake. It was great to be there together doing temple work for Dutch people. When my Dad served his mission there - it was common for the missionaries to serve as District (smaller than a stake) Presidents. My dad was the District President of the Amsterdam District and to see the growth of the church and to now have a temple there is a great blessing.

In the days to come I will write about our other adventures - but I just want to say Thank You Mom and Dad for a wonderful experience! Thank you for sharing your love for travel and other cultures with all of us. You are incredible parents. We are so glad that you are "ours"!

1 comment:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I am glad you guys had such a good time. What a special thing to get to do. I told the girls that they were now officially more traveled than me!