Monday, May 5, 2008

The S&J Hair Emporuim

Almost every day after school, Grace gets off the bus and walks to the Williams Home. There she is greeted by Jay and Susan, who welcome her in, ask her about her day, feed her a snack and then Susan does Grace's hair. Grace's teachers and friends at school have no idea how beautiful Grace's hair is from 4 pm until she goes to bed every night. It's a shame more people don't see her after these daily trips to Susan. In fact, on the day of spring pictures we did schedule an early morning visit - so Grace's Hair could look great for the pictures. So on that one day - her braids were as beautiful as her smile during the school day.

So every day Grace comes home with a new hairstyle.

This is one of many that Susan has done. It is so fun to watch Grace skip up to the door with a smile on her face. She always comes home in a good mood. I think the Williams have a special way of reminding her that she is wonderful and loved. . . 
Well one day last week. Grace came into the house especially giggly. She was anxious to show off her newest hairstyle. This is what I saw:
Evidently Susan wasn't home. So Jay did Grace's hair.  Lots of giggling.

7 comments:

Lacey said...

I am totally laughing, I have tears, and my face hurts from smiling... I remember the days of hair dos and the talks and treats that went along with it. I also remember the dread of mom being gone and the possibility of dad doing my hair...I very quickly learned how to fend for myself. I am so glad that Grace can benefit from the hours and hours that I sat still for my mom and the hours and hours of sore fingers she had from "experimenting" on my hair because Alli never wanted anything to do with the hair scene so the hours logged have not gone to waste. Thank you for sharing your cute little ones with my family...they love them so so so much!!

Bethany said...

Even having never met Jay and Susan, I can tell you I love them. What a sweet relationship for Grace!

Amy said...

I love the Q-tips! Maybe I will try that on some of my cilents. Grace is so stinking cute. You have darling kids.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

That might be the funniest/sweetest thing ever! How cute is Jay to do that for Gracie! Love it!

Doug, Kalee, Jonah, Nora, and Gavin said...

That is hilarious. I'm so glad you have such good neighbors. I hope our neighbors are that nice to my kids. I can't believe how old Grace looks.

Alli said...

Sister Lange! I didn't know you had a blog! I laughed so so so so hard when I read this post! Oh my goodness. You made my entire week!

Holly Wilcox said...

First of all, what a lucky girl!!! But, that last picture is hilarious! What fun to see a humorous side to our bishopric counselor. I'm still giggling... the q-tips!