Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Christmas decorations still up!

This is the last of my Christmas decorations.



The other decorations all came down by January 2nd but I love this door of Christmas cards. I love seeing most of the people I love in one place. I haven't seen many of these people in years! Some, we see only once a year. But I love, love, love them. Usually, I just place the cards in in a basket. But this year the pictures went on the pantry door in our kitchen so we could see them every day. I will miss them but I guess it's time to say goodbye. Until Christmas. . .

P.S. I have handpicked all of my children-in-law off this wall. I'm just now beginning to see why my Mom and her friends used to fantasize about their children marrying each other. I am blessed that we don't believe in arranged marriages. . . but at this point in my life as a mother -- it is sounding like a good idea. I guess I will just have to trust my children - the way my parents did.

4 comments:

J & M Squared said...

This is so funny, check out my blog post...Great minds think alike. I will succeed!

Bondfam said...

Nice! I sort of like the idea of arranged marriages. Not mine, of course, but it would be nice to be able to pick a spouse for my boys! LOL! I'm not too sure they would go along with it, though!

Bethany said...

Nate and I have said the same thing. Oh, and our card is on the way. Not so much a Christmas card as a "we've moved" card, but it was supposed to be a Christmas card. Merry Christmas anyway.

Unknown said...

My mom tried so hard to marry one of us three girls off to one of her friend's four sons, and you'd think with those odds, something would work out! Poor mom. She's moved on to the next generation now, since she and this same friend are both grandmothers.

I already wish I could pick my girls' husbands! I have a man in mind for each of them! Well, they're boys now, but they'll be men eventually!