Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Steve  told me today that I am complicated. (in a very loving way.) I don't appreciate flowers. I don't wear jewelry. And I am trying not to eat sweets. So I think special occasions are made difficult for him - in trying to find a gift that pleases. The easy gifts are not things I appreciate. 

However, as I explained to him, I love his everyday gifts. He does laundry. He irons his own shirts. He is a great father. He encourages me to do challenging things. He loves our children and he loves me. Not to mention that he provides for all of us financially and gives me the joy of being home. So flowers don't make me weak in the knees. And glittery jewelry is soooo tiny for the price. (I'd rather have new furniture.)

But my heart does beat faster when I hear the garage door open at the end of the day. And he is still my favorite person in the world to spend time with. So Happy Valentine's Day Babe. I am thankful that you give me precious gifts every day of the year.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Cute post...I'm with you on the Jewelry, and the excitment of the garage door opening.

Amanda said...

so sweet!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

That was very sweet...and I totally agree with the garage door thing!

The Gilbert Family said...

I am not a valentine's day kind of girl either. I appreciate anything, but I don't go gaga over it.