Monday, September 15, 2008

Catching Up

September has gone by really fast. Grace missed the first few days of school because she was sick. I started teaching seminary at 6am every school day. Hannah is playing volleyball. Eliza is playing tennis. They have matches on opposite days. Grace is taking dance. She is supposed to be taking piano but I haven't figured out how to get there and make it to everything else and breathe. And Steve is traveling a lot this month. So this is a quick catch-up of what is going on in Ohio.

This was the last day of summer. And the last day of an empty square on my calendar. I love empty squares.
Labor Day Parade. We went to cheer on our friends who were in the parade for various reasons. NOT to get candy. Someday my children will learn that parades are not all about the candy. But it will not be in Pickerington.
Tanner and I took a trip to the zoo with Amy, Gabby and Josh. The three did really well together. I was packing some snacks before we left home. Tanner saw that I had only packed two bags of goldfish. He told me to pack another bag so they wouldn't have to all fight over the goldfish. Smart boy.
This is our new pet, Fred. He is a webworm and is now in a cocoon in a jar in my kitchen. The day we caught him, Tanner and I were at the store. Half-way through the store he asked me if I thought Fred was missing us. I assured him Fred was OK and thought to myself, "Fred is probably thankful that the earthquakes have stopped for a season." Tanner likes to shake Fred. We have a picture of Fred because Grace is the star-student this week. And the "fill-in -the- blank poster has a square for a pet. My children usually have to leave that square blank. And I am OK with that.  
This is my roof. And notice the missing shutter. While the missionaries were over for dinner, eating in the dark, we watched the shingles fly off. And people in cars slow down in front of our house and stare. At one point, most of the shingles were sticking straight up. The 70 mph winds gave us quite a show. I think I know what I am getting for Christmas.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man, your poor roof! Let us know if you need anything.

Jenny said...

I love how you write--you crack me up! You are one busy momma! Let me know if you need anything--except some cash for the roof, we're fresh out of that!
P.S. I love blank squares too, but probably not as much as you do.

Amy said...

We had so much fun at the zoo. We HAVE to get together more often. I can't believe your roof. We had the missionaries at our house during the storm too. We ate in the dark, and had steaks off the ground, because the plate Jon was carrying blow out of his hands! What an adventure!

Jennifer said...

Hi Anne! That must have been quite a storm! I love your blog and I can't believe how grown up everyone looks! Time sure goes by quick when your having fun! Thank you for the comment that you left on my blog. I'm not quite sure about me being an inspiration to you. I think it should be the other way around! Tell Grace congratulations on her baptism. Hi Hannah! I will miss you next year when it comes time for girls camp!!! Love, Jenn