Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seventeen Years Ago. . .

You could not have told me that life would get better than it was. You could not have told me that the sleeves on my wedding dress were too poofy. You could not have told me that my hair was too big. You could not have convinced me that I could love Steve any more than I did then. But I do. 

Seventeen years ago, I could not have imagined the joy these 5 people would bring to my life. This life I am living is better than the life I dreamed of when I was seventeen. Thank you sweetheart for helping me laugh when I get too serious. Thank you children for being so patient while I learn this mothering thing. You are the best!

P.S. Someone asked what Steve gave me for our anniversary. He organized the seminary room, hung up the white board and cleaned out 4 cupboards of toiletries. And he made me promise not to stash anymore half used products. To my defense - due to his line of work - lots of products end up on my bathroom counter that I don't request or purchase. . . but I do promise. Thank you for helping me with my projects.

6 comments:

Valarie said...

Hey there, Lange family! I stumbled across your blog this morning. It was so much fun to go back and look at all the pictures. Your children are all so big now!

Val Butchko

Bethany said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful family and what nice things to say.

Elyse said...

how darn cute is this blog?! i didnt know you had a blog until you wrote that memory about me and I wanted to tell you that I still have that photo album with all those places and the notes the girls wrote me! that helped me so much when I was going through that rough move! thank you for always being such a great example when I was in YW and now!

Doug, Kalee, Jonah, Nora, and Gavin said...

Darling family..I'm proud to be related to you all :) We miss you.

Anonymous said...

Happy be-lated anniversary! I loved your dress Anne, and your hair was pretty cute too! If you would have told me I'd be married 2 years after you guys, I would have laughed, what fun memories

Bondfam said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys don't look old enough to be married for 17 years! You couldn't have been more than 10 or 11 when you got married! Congrats!

What a sweet hubby to get you all ready for seminary!