Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Week

Everyone in our family, who can read, enjoys reading The Week. We all have our favorite sections. The articles are short which cater to my short attention span. It covers a little of everything and the politics are pretty balanced which allows for me and Steve to both find value in it. The news and articles are great conversation starters around the dinner table. Some are fluff. Some help us know what is happening on the other side of the world. Some help give insight to family members. Hannah just told us about an article about procrastination. We asked her about it and she said she started it but then decided to finish it later. . .

Steve found a great quote in the latest edition by P.J. O'Rourke

Recently my teenage daughter was complaining, “Life is not fair, life is not fair.” I got fed up. I said, “You’re cute. That’s not fair. You’re smart – that’s not fair. Your family’s well off –that’s not fair. You were born in the U.S. – that’s not fair. Darling, you better get down on your knees and pray that things don’t start getting fair for you.”

Love it. I am printing it out in a large font and placing it on the fridge.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that quote!

Amy said...

We love the week, although each time I get a new one I realize I never got around to reading the previous weeks. My favorite section is where the homes are for sale.

ohiolanges said...

Amy,
We love that section too!

Bethany said...

I'm going to memorize that quote -- thanks!