Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Few of My favorite Things About Utah

Spending time with the Kimballs. Sara and I were roommates in College. Our parents were friends in college and we are hoping our children will be college roommates. We wish they lived closer. . . We were lucky enough to be in Salt Lake at the same time and spend a day together. We took our kids to the art museum at BYU. 
Spending time with the Caldwells. I remember when each of the Caldwell children were born and they remember when all of my kids were born. They have 3 girls and one boy and so do we. Stepping into their home for dinner was like we have never been apart. Catching up and watching all the kids play spoons was great fun. I wish we could do it more often!
Spending time with the Woods. We miss them in Ohio. Tanner could not stop giving Shelby hugs. We spent time at temple square with them and also at their home in Santaquin. I highly recommend the church art exhibit at the conference center. Tanner spent his time telling Shelby and her friend how he created each piece of art.  
Spending time with my parents and the Stringhams. Uncle Butch and Aunt Karen hosted a wonderful dinner for us and then we went to the stadium of fire on the 4th. I love to see all these girls together. The time was too short. And I wish I had a picture of Butch and Karen. 

Spending time with all the Langes. We hiked to Donut Falls. Went to the zoo on the busiest day of the year. Enjoyed spa services (in Amy's dining room). Rocked out to rock band. Analyzed the color of our personalities. And pondered where to meet in two years.  

My kids loved "living" with and down the street from cousins for the month. Their aunts and uncles are wonderful and we wish they had a daily influence on their lives. So we soaked up what we could and it will have to last for a little while. 

2 comments:

Todd and Mallory said...

It was so good to see you! Maybe next time we will come out to Ohio...Maybe!

Matteefattee said...

We had so much fun with all of you! Spoons was my favorite! Eliza, I'm so glad you beat Hannah and Grace! We love you all so much and can't wait to see you again!

Hilary and Matt