Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Super T.

He loves super heroes. He spent some time at a friends house last week and came home with the mask and cape (super friend's super mom made). He has worn it a lot. Almost as much as his power-ranger costume. Last weekend our power was out - so we decided to go out to dinner. I heard Hannah trying to talk Tanner into changing out of his power-ranger costume into some real clothes. I hadn't even thought about it. . . She would be so embarrassed if she knew all the places he has been in his power-ranger costume. . .

I am realizing how much I have evolved as a mom. With my older kids - I really thought they were a reflection of me - and I would never have let them go out in public in a costume. "What would people think?" I thought that phrase a lot. I think that about 2 times a year now - and then remind myself that it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.


So now I realize that my children are there own beings and their thoughts and feelings are not mine and their thoughts and feelings are more important to me than the strangers staring at us at the restaurant.

No comments: