Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow Day


Today was the first Snow Day for the 2007-2008 school year. Pickerington is known to have a plethora of snow days - so when we heard the forecast of 1-3 inches we were pretty sure everyone would be home from school. We all had fun in the snow, except Eliza who may have strep. . . we will know tomorrow after a visit to the doctor.

Tanner made one ride down the hill and then decided to go swing and make snow angels. We had a great snowball fight, went sledding and shoveled the driveway and were in the house sipping hot chocolate by 11am. The rest of the day was filled with movies, friends and a few more trips outside to play in the snow. The first snow day is always fun. I will not be writing happy posts about snow day # 5. The snow was beautiful and I love snow in December. It is just hard to love snow in the same way when it falls in March. Kind of like my children. I love them most at 7 in the morning. I love to wake them up for school. I love to rub their backs and kiss their cheeks when I wake them up. As I make them breakfast - I love to hear about whatever is on their mind. By 8p.m. I just want them to be in bed - with their door closed. I get meaner every hour. So it goes with snow days. Each passing snow day becomes less fun. By the 5th - there will only be shoveling. And hot chocolate if you want to make it yourself.

I will hope for a paucity of snow days so my children can have good memories.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You guys didn't have school?? We weren't even on a delay. My kids had fun outside too, but AFTER school. I am with you, except I am sometimes cranky in the morning too, what does that mean????