Saturday, May 1, 2010

Night of Miralces Two

Eagles music was playing. Balloons were waving in the breeze. Children laughing. Adults hugging. It was like a huge family reunion. I didn't know everyone who was there - but everyone knew Jay and Susan. And that is why they came. I always knew Jay and Susan touched the lives of a lot of people. But this week I realized how many lives they have changed.

This was a night of joy.





We had fasted and prayed for good weather. It got a little dark and windy at start time. But a few more private prayers were said and the weather improved. Around 10 pm as we finished cleaning up . . . the rain began to fall.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I wish we could have been there. I don't know if you remeber the little pink blanket/bear snuggie thing (nice name for it huh)you gave to Hadley when she was born, but I told Tyler that sometimes I want to snuggle up with it, because it reminds me of all of the wonderful people in Ohio.

J & M Squared said...

I'm so glad you blogged about this! I wanted to be there so bad! What awesome awesome collaboration for his amazing event!

Kristin said...

It looks like it went amazing! I SO wish that I could have been there to help in some way! And I'm really glad you blogged about it too because I was wondering about it. Oh this makes me miss Ohio and everyone there so much! I love seeing how people come together for others, especially a family that totally deserves it!

Hilary said...

This story touched my heart. Thank you for sharing it. If there is anything that I can do to help please let me know.