Monday, March 1, 2010

Goodbye February

It has been a long month. I know it is really the shortest month of the year. But February 1st was 4 snowstorms, 5 snow days and 28 days of little sun ago. Each of these pictures deserves a post but the month is over and I need to let February go. It is time to move on.

We ended the month with a bang. We had about 20 seminary students over for dinner and a movie. We watched "The Testament." I loved our discussion after the movie. I had prepared to focus on the students and their joy of living close to our Savior. Very quickly the discussion turned to their desire to share the gospel with their friends. They always exceed my expectations. These kids are amazing.

The most life changing experience of the month took place when Tanner realized that he loves being out in the snow and loves sledding. It was wonderful to watch him and Grace go sledding on the hill in our backyard. Five is a magical age. He is able to do so many things on his own now. I love it!
I believe this has been the snowiest February on record for central Ohio. We had a total of 5 snow days, 2 two-hour delays and one early dismissal. Steve came home early (5pm) one night and spent the evening on the hill with the kids. Eliza and I stayed inside sipping hot chocolate. We were all happy.
Grace and Steve attended the Father-Daughter dance at Grace's school. There is always a theme and my dear husband is always so good to dress the theme. He has dressed up like a guy form the 50s, 60s, and has been a cowboy and a movie star. This year's theme was a night in the Orient. Steve and Grace enjoyed dinner with several friends before the dance. I hope my girls will always be this wise in who they choose to date.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I agree that February was a very long month! What a great seminary group, it kind of made me homesick for the days when I was a seminary teacher I miss being that close to the youth and their testimonies!

Michelle said...

I love the picture of Steve and Grace at the end - what a great treasure!