Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day!

Second Snow day of the school year. I'm already at "make your own hot chocolate and I'm taking a nap" mode. Perhaps, I would be in a better mood if the school district would call the snow day before my poor seminary students made their way to my house. Most of my own children were wide-awake and ready to go for the day. Perhaps I am grumpy because my sweetheart may get stuck in NYC tonight. Preemptive worry, disappointment and grumpiness are my downfall. I think the Book of Mormon calls them "vain imaginations."

So I am taking a deep breath and changing my mood and locking myself in my room to read a new book, Jenny sent me. The book is "Left to Tell" about the Rwandan holocaust. Not a happy-go-lucky kind of book - but an incredible story of hope during worse things than a snow day. I think my children will be glad I did. Thanks Jenny for the escape that I need today!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks for the recommendation. My kids always benefit when I read books like that, too.

I'm going to add it to my list.

(Try "The Seamstress" next time you need something like that -- it's excellent.)

Michelle said...

I don't know if that book will get you out of the grumpiness...but the alone time will definitely help!

Send the snow our way - we are sadly lacking.