Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grace's Christmas Programs

After being in the school district here for nine years, we were excited when Grace came home from school to tell us they were performing a holiday program that we could attend. This is a first. She has been singing the songs since Halloween. The kids all did great with their parts.

Grace has been so happy to be in the same school with Avery this year. These two have been friends since they were babies.
Grace informed me the day before the program that she had a speaking part. Luckily, right before I took the picture above (which was 10 minutes before the program) - she let me know that she was the first speaker - otherwise I might have missed it! So many parents stood up to take pictures when the curtain opened I almost did!
Grace played in her Christmas Piano Recital. She has been taking lessons for about a year now. She played "Go Tell it On the Mountian". She did great! She said the piano keys were a little sticky. The recital was at an assisted living home. Some of the residents came to listen. This picture includes Grace's wonderful teacher, Kierre. She is one of the most talented people I have ever met. She arranged a beautiful orchestral piece for our stake conference. It was the most spiritual rendition of "I love to see the Temple" I have ever heard. I wish I had a recording. Her musical talents are incredible - but her teaching talents are amazing too. She also inspired Grace to quickly memorize and understand some of the Articles of Faith. Yes, we love her!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Why has it taken 9 years to be able to go? (And what a fabulous piano teacher!)

ohiolanges said...

I should clarify. There has never been one, until now! Grace is attending a new school that opened and we have a lot of teachers and staff that came from another school in our district. So we get new traditions and programs!