Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Signing Day!


I know - I don't usually get too pumped about sports. But today is exciting. My nephew, Brock Stringham signed with BYU to play football. Brock is a great football player - but he's also a great person. How many 18 year olds would spend time with their younger cousins?

I spent a few weeks with my sister this summer and became an expert Rivals.com and Scout.com. navigator. I have never been great with stats - but it has been fun to follow these boys through the recruiting process. It has also been fun to watch my sister through the process. She is an incredible mom.

Tanner Has a BYU football t-shirt. For a few days - after he would put it on - he would chant: B-U-Y. The girls thought it was pretty funny. Grace told him that it would be good to know how to spell that in the first grade. I think we have him chanting correctly now. . . B -Y-U!

Go Brock! Go Cougars!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad to see that you are joining the "sports" crowd. Now if we can just convert you to the Buckeyes. I know wishfull thinking.

Bethany said...

Go Cougs!!! Nate will be thrilled to hear about your nephew -- almost as thrilled as I am to know of your blog now. I'm glad to hear what's going on -- thanks for your email!!